Two-Year Myanmar Program in Research and Research Ethics
University of Medicine 1 and the University of Maryland are offering a Certificate Degree program in research and research ethics for healthcare professionals who are involved with health research. This two-year program combines face-to-face and online training and the performance of a funded project at the applicant’s home institution.
The program is designed for individuals who want to become leaders in research ethics in Myanmar, become educators in research and research ethics, and pursue scholarly research in the area of research ethics.
By the end of this program, the applicant will acquire:
- Specific Knowledge in Research Methodology and Research Ethics
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Scientific and Grant Writing Skills
- Teaching and Presentation Skills
- Leadership Skills
Summer 2019: Month of May at University of Medicine 1 (Exact dates TBD)
3-Week Academic Program at the University of Maryland, USA September 2019
Certificate Degree Program in Research Ethics
University of Maryland, USA
Fall 2019-Fall 2020
Performance of a project at the Applicant’s Home Institution.
Full scholarships are available for individuals from Myanmar
Please submit the following materials:
- Application: PDF | MS Word or go to: https://www.mm-researchethics.net/research-ethics-program-application/
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- One-page personal statement of career goals
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcripts from prior academic institutions
- Documentation of English proficiency (TOEFL score > 80, IELTS score of > 7.0, or attendance at a degree program from an official English-speaking University in the USA, UK, Canada or Australia
- Exam Scores are not needed at the time of Applications
Please contact Henry Silverman with any questions regarding the application process.