International Program in Research Ethics
Sponsored byUniversity of Medicine 1, Yangon and University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB).
Description:The goal of this 18-month program is to offer to mid-career Myanmar academic professionals training in research ethics, research methodology, statistics, scientific writing, and critical thinking skills.
Who Can Apply: All government employees under MoHS holding postgraduate medical degrees and Members of Research Ethics Committees (ERC/REC/IRB) under MoHS
The program is designed for individuals who want to become leaders in research ethics in Myanmar, become educators in research and research ethics, and pursue scholarly research in the area of research ethics.
By the end of this program, the applicant will acquire:
- Specific Knowledge in Research Methodology and
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Scientific and Grant Writing Skills
- Teaching and Presentation Skills
- Leadership Skills
- 3-day Selection Workshop to finalize final participants, University Medicine 1 – Dates to be determined.
- 3-week Face-to-Face training (Location to be determined)
- Online Certificate Program provided byUniversity of Maryland: Sep 2020 to Dec 2021
- Option to enroll in Masters or Doctorate program after completion
Funding: Full scholarships are available for up to six individuals and will include:
- Travel to workshops and conferences
- Registration fees for Online programs
- Prof Theingi Myint, UM1 (retired Pro-Rector)
- Prof Khin Mar Myint, UM1, Pro-Rector (Academic)
- Prof Henry Silverman, UMB, USA
- Prof Bebe Loff, Monash University, Australia
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- One page personal statement of career goals and how this program will help you.
- Official transcripts of individual grades from prior degree programs.
- Two letters of references from previous supervisors.
- Documentation of English Proficiency either by a passing score on TOEFL (80) or IELTs (7.0). Passing scores not required at time of application.
Deadline for Applications: 28 February 2020
- Application: PDF | MS Word or go to: https://www.mm-researchethics.net/research-ethics-program-application/
Please contact Henry Silverman with any questions regarding the application process.